Petition To See True Player Count And Remove Ai Bots

113 replies to this topic

#1 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:22 AM

I would like to ask PGI to give us a true players count on the active server. The community deservers to know if the game is thriving or dying. Also I would ask if PGI is using AI bots to fill in for low player count they stop. Having AI bots that make it worse in battles is not a good idea .

I know im asking for all the whitie tightie knights wrath but owe well.If PGI would like the communities help to turn this game around all they have to do is ask and many would give free time and resources to keep the game alive and help in its longevity and content.

But it is hard to tell without a true live player counter to see how well or bad off the game has become.Please add your comments in a civil way pro or con.

Posted Image

Edited by PappySmurf, 05 September 2014 - 08:26 AM.

#2 UnsafePilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

I wasn't aware that they'd added bots. Do you have any links to information on it?

#3 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

:blink:

#4 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:25 AM

#5 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:25 AM

Keep your luggage stowed in the overhead compartments and place your seat backs and tray tables to their upright and lock positions. Gate will be cleared shortly, and then we'll be on our one-way. Enjoy your flight.

#6 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

Pfff if they had AI BOTS then we could had a single player / coop campaing long ago bro.

#7 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

AI bots? I doubt that, I eman writing an AI is a complicated and high effort thing. Makes not much sense to do.

View PostBudor, on 05 September 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

can we have that as warhorn. being a big bobble head figurine?

Edited by Lily from animove, 05 September 2014 - 08:28 AM.

#8 Dolph Hoskins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 499 posts
  • LocationThe Machine

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

Signed for AI bots!

#9 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:29 AM

View PostUnsafePilot, on 05 September 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

I wasn't aware that they'd added bots. Do you have any links to information on it?

Really? You have to ask this?!? There are bots all over the place!
.... In fact, I'm in one now. ;)

(sorry I have nothing constructive to add)

#10 Bacl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 260 posts
  • LocationUsually between a rock and a Atlas

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

Oh the game is dying alright, every nerf patch they pull out the more player simply drops. The fact they cant seem to do balance in any logical ways except nerf everything at once kill players depending on their tolerance limit to stupidity. I see the same names over and over again, yes they have over 2 millions registered players but only a few are actually playing.

#11 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:33 AM

http://cryengine.com...tures/ai-system
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pfff if they had AI BOTS then we could had a single player / coop campaing long ago bro.

Yes we could have had AI campaigns from the start. I know because I have a working Cryeng3 server for sdk testing and have made my own maps as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AI bots? I doubt that, I eman writing an AI is a complicated and high effort thing. Makes not much sense to do.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No as a matter of fact CryEng 3 has avery advanced AI system and changing AI characters from human form to AI mechs forms is very easy.

Edited by PappySmurf, 05 September 2014 - 08:34 AM.

#12 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:37 AM

View PostBarHaid, on 05 September 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

Really? You have to ask this?!? There are bots all over the place!
.... In fact, I'm in one now. ;)

(sorry I have nothing constructive to add)
Humor can be constructive.

View PostPappySmurf, on 05 September 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

http://cryengine.com...tures/ai-system
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes we could have had AI campaigns from the start. I know because I have a working Cryeng3 server for sdk testing and have made my own maps as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No as a matter of fact CryEng 3 has avery advanced AI system and changing AI characters from human form to AI mechs forms is very easy.

With as long as it takes these guys to give us Mechs you think they are spawning bots? :huh:

Really? :huh: :huh:

#13 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostPappySmurf, on 05 September 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Also I would ask if PGI is using AI bots to fill in for low player count they stop. Having AI bots that make it worse in battles is not a good idea

lolwut?

Mudhutwarrior we found your pug problem! its bots!!

Edited by Saxie, 05 September 2014 - 08:40 AM.

#14 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostBudor, on 05 September 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

#15 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

This is true.

The developers are way too secretive about this game.

Sometimes it feels like we are working for some strange corporation that does things on a need to know basis. Most games have public player figures, in fact some of them have the figures updated live (or semi live) in game, like for example Warthunder. Generally I am very disappointed with the developers of this game. Being outgoing, open and accepting player input has proven to be the way to go, many developers are harnessing this, but these guys just don't seem to get it, or...well maybe they enjoy it. I don't know.

They seem to derive a strange pleasure for doing their thing, not obliging the community, screwing people over and just generally not involving the community and any common sense ideas into the game. This is very evident in their developer blogs.I also love the way dude says "Mechwarriors" in the end of the dev vlogs, almost like hes super sarcastic about it.

This whole setup really baffles me, however I didn't pay a cent for this game so I'm actually very grateful that this game exists and I get to play it. Paying for a product with developers with an attitude like that? Never in a million years! A few meshes and a few textures are not worth the price of a triple A title. Also a map does not cost100 thousand dollars to make. Give two students beer and pizza and they'll come up with a map way better then anything we got, IN A MONTH. Then get the community to play test it and work out the bugs. I've SEEM MOD TEAMS WORKING FOR FREE DOING A BETTER JOB. But that's just my opinion.

I do want to emphasize again and end my note on this, I LOVE BEING ABLE TO PLAY THIS. I just feel bad for the suckers that shelled out hundreds for this game.

Edited by Louis Brofist, 05 September 2014 - 08:50 AM.

#16 Foxwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 962 posts
  • LocationLost on Thunder Rift

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:41 AM

View PostBacl, on 05 September 2014 - 08:31 AM, said:

Oh the game is dying alright, every nerf patch they pull out the more player simply drops. The fact they cant seem to do balance in any logical ways except nerf everything at once kill players depending on their tolerance limit to stupidity. I see the same names over and over again, yes they have over 2 millions registered players but only a few are actually playing.

My opinion is that you are wrong. Yes some things have been over nerfed. There have been some buffs as well. It is not all one direction. Balancing is and should be an ongoing process.

As for numbers my group just topped our 100th member last night! Going strong, we had close to 30 active just last night.
Go Comstar Irregulars! (Had to plug!). At some levels you will see the same players more often. It most likely indicates you are a reasonably good player in a higher bracket.

#17 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:41 AM

Posted Image
Did BSG teach us nothing?
At least I can legitimately blame the fall of all mankind on PGI now :ph34r:

#18 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

View PostSaxie, on 05 September 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

lolwut?

Mudhutwarrior we found your pug problem! its bots!!

Dude... That would be SOOOOOO embarrassing! :unsure:

#19 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

AI bots?
Posted Image

At least they would have aimbot, which would be an improvement over many PUGs.

As for Player count, sure.

#20 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

SandPIt (Did BSG teach us nothing?
At least I can legitimately blame the fall of all mankind on PGI now.) I fixed it for you with a >>>.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your humor and everyone's is refreshing but it distracts from the fact we as players and fans are in the unknown about the true state of the game.And before i put any more money into the game I would like to know if it is going to be around in a year.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Louis Brofist (This is true.

The developers are way too secretive about this game.

Sometimes it feels like we are working for some strange corporation that does things on a need to know basis. Most games have public player figures, in fact some of them have the figures updated live (or semi live) in game, like for example Warthunder. Generally I am very disappointed with the developers of this game.

They also seem to derive a strange pleasure for doing their thing, not obliging the community, screwing people over and just generally not involving the community and any common sense ideas into the game. This is very evident in their developer blogs.I also love the way dude says "Mechwarriors" in the end of the dev vlogs almost like hes super sarcastic about it.

This whole setup really baffles me, however I didn't pay a cent for this game so I'm actually very grateful that this game exists and I get to play it. Paying for a product with developers with an attitude like that? Never in a million years! Also a few meshes and a few textures are not worth the price of a triple A title, but that's just my opinion.

I do want to emphasize again, I LOVE BEING ABLE TO PLAY THIS. I just feel bad for the suckers that shelled out hundreds for this game. )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users